The Office of Long Term Care is responsible for ensuring that all providers of 1915(c) home and community based waiver services for the following waivers meet enrollment requirements as documented in the CMS approved waiver applications.
- Elderly & Disabled Waiver
- Assisted Living Waiver
- Independent Living Waiver
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Spinal Cord Injury Waiver
Agencies may currently apply to enroll as providers of Personal Care services, In-Home Respite services or Adult Day Care services under the Elderly & Disabled (E&D) Waiver or Assisted Living services under the Assisted Living (AL) Waiver.
1915(c) HCBS E&D Waiver Provider Enrollment Process
Information for agencies interested in applying to enroll as providers of Personal Care services, In-Home Respite services or Adult Day Care services under the Elderly & Disabled (E&D) Waiver.
All potential E&D Waiver providers must complete mandatory provider orientation prior to submitting a provider proposal to the Office of Long Term Care for review. The virtual orientation is available every other month.
Please email HCBSProviders@medicaid.ms.gov or call 601-359-6141 with any questions. Provider type specific proposals as well as the associated Quality Assurance Standards are linked below.
- Personal Care Service Provider Proposal
- Personal Care Service Quality Assurance Standard
- In Home Respite Provider Proposal
- In Home Respite Quality Assurance Standards
- Adult Day Care Provider Proposal
- Adult Day Care Quality Assurance Standards
1915(c) HCBS Personal Care & In Home Respite Resources
1915(c) HCBS Personal Care and In Home Respite waiver providers should use the forms linked below to ensure compliance the Quality Assurance Standards and Administrative Code.
Reinstatement of Pre-COVID Credentialing Requirements
As vaccinations become more widely available statewide and provider staff have greater access to their physicians, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and fingerprinting stations, DOM is making plans to reimplement the pre-COVID credentialing requirements for all providers. Providers have until 5/31/2021 to get credentials updated for each of their staff to meet the pre-COVID standards. Credentialing checks in Medikey will be turned back on effective 6/1/2021. At that time, any shifts for care provided by direct care staff without valid credentials will be suspended pending correction.
If you have any questions/concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
1915(c) HCBS AL Waiver Provider Enrollment Process
Information for agencies interested in applying to enroll as providers of Assisted Living services under the Assisted Living (AL) Waiver.
- Enrollment Process
- AL Minimum Standards
- AL Proposal
- AL Facility Self-Assessment Survey
- AL Waiver Providers List
- Home-Like Setting Requirements
- TBI Residential Facility Quality Assurance Standards
- TBI Residential Facility Provider Proposal Packet
1915(c) HCBS Adult Day Care Resources
1915(c) HCBS ADC waiver providers are required by the Quality Assurance Standards to annually assess participant needs using Individualized Service Plans and document Daily Progress Notes. The forms linked below should be used to ensure compliance.
- ADC Conference Presentation April 2022
- ADC Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- ADC Standardized Progress Note
- ADC Facility Review Attestation
- ADC Uniform Fire Safety Form
- ADC HCB Setting Assessment
1915(c) HCBS Waiver Background Checks
1915(c) HCBS waiver providers are required by Administrative Code to conduct a national criminal background check with fingerprints on all employees and volunteers prior to employment and every two (2) years thereafter. The training presentation linked below outlines the process for providers to obtain these required checks through the Mississippi Department of Health (MSDH) .
- Fingerprint Background Check Training
- MS Division of Medicaid Fingerprint Submission Checklist & Fingerprint Card Codes
- Medicaid Facility or Provider Setup Form
- Fingerprint Applicant Information Form for LiveScan
- Non-Criminal Justice Applicant’s Privacy Rights Form
- Sample Clearance Letter
1915(c) HCBS Waiver Training Requirements
1915(c) HCBS waiver providers are required by Administrative Code to ensure all staff meet training requirements as defined by the Division of Medicaid. The provider type specific memorandums linked below define the current training requirements for all direct care staff.
- Training Requirements for E&D Waiver Direct Care Staff
- Training Requirements for AL Waiver Direct Staff
MS Person Centered Practices Institute
The Mississippi Person Centered Practices Initiative (MS-PCPI) is a partnership between the Mississippi Division of Medicaid and The University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Social Work. The primary objective of MS-PCPI is to provide training workshops and consultation to professionals from Home & Community Based Medicaid Waiver programs on person-centered practices. MS-PCPI provides a range of person-centered workshops (free of charge) to providers across Mississippi. Workshops include CE credits for several professional disciplines including social work, nursing, and those holding MS Department of Mental Health (DMH) credentials.
Please contact Courtney Williams, MS-PCPI Program Director/Trainer, at Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.