The calculators below were revised January 2013. Use the calculators as worksheets to help complete your state level registry attestations. All of the calculator documents must be attached in the State Level Registry – step two. Download the EHR incentive calculators in Microsoft Excel format, by clicking the links below.
- Patient volume calculator – for eligible professionals
- Hospital patient volume calculator – for eligible hospitals
- Hospital one-time payment calculator
- Patient volume and patient calculators – all three calculators available on a cloud server
Stage 2: Downloadable Resources from CMS.gov
- Stage 2 Toolkit
- Stage 2 Meaningful Use Specification Sheet Table of Contents for Eligible Professionals
- ALL Stage 2 EHR Meaningful Use Specification Sheets for Eligible Professionals
- Stage 2 Meaningful Use Specification Sheet Table of Contents for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
- ALL Stage 2 EHR Meaningful Use Specification Sheets for Eligible Hospitals
- Stage 2 Overview Tipsheet
- Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table for Eligible Professionals
- Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
- Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet
- 2013 Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet
- 2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet
- Payment Adjustments & Hardship Exceptions Tipsheet for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
- Payment Adjustments & Hardship Exceptions Tipsheet for Eligible Professionals
- How Payment Adjustments Affect Providers Tipsheet
- Stage 2 Meaningful Use Final Rule
- 2014 Standards and Certification Final Rule
- Stage 2 Correction Notice
FAQs related to Changes in Medicaid Patient Volume Calculation
- Medicaid changes to patient volume calculations
- CHIP patients eligible to be included in Medicaid patient volume totals
- Base year changes for Medicaid hospital incentive payment calculation
For resources related to EHR certification and standards, follow these links to resources from the Office of the National Coordinator of Health IT (ONC):
- Stage 1 Reference Grid: Stage 1 meaningful use objectives for 2014 Certified EHR Technology and correlated certification criteria and standards
- Stage 2 Reference Grid: Stage 2 meaningful use objectives for 2014 Certified EHR Technology and correlated certification criteria and standards
Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) for 2014 and Beyond
All providers are required to report on CQMs in order to demonstrate meaningful use. Beginning in 2014, all providers regardless of their stage of meaningful use will report on CQMs in the same way.
- EPs must report on nine out of 64 total CQMs.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs must report on 16 out of 29 total CQMs.
In addition, all providers must select CQMs from at least 3 of the 6 key health care policy domains recommended by the Department of Health and Human Services’ National Quality Strategy:
- Patient and Family Engagement
- Patient Safety
- Care Coordination
- Population and Public Health
- Efficient Use of Healthcare Resources
- Clinical Processes/Effectiveness
- A complete list of 2014 CQMs and their associated National Quality Strategy domains will be posted on the Clinical Quality Measures tab in the future. CMS will also post a recommended core set of CQMs for EPs that focus on high-priority clinical conditions.
For more detailed information on 2014 CQMs and electronic reporting options, click to download our 2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet.
- Mississippi State Level Registry (MS SLR) for the Electronic Provider Incentive Payment Program web portal
- State Medicaid Health Information Technology Plan (SMHP) – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved
- CMS EHR Incentive Program index
- CMS registration and attestation website