- Long term care reimbursement method for Mississippi Medicaid
- Payment Error Rate Measurement (PERM)
- Recovery Auditor Contractors (RAC)
- Mississippi Medicaid State Level Registry for Provider Incentive Payments
Inpatient Hospital Payment Method for Mississippi Medicaid
Hospital Inpatient APR-DRG Alert: July 1, 2016 updates
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid will adopt V.33 of the 3M Health Information System APR-DRG Grouper and V.33 of the Health Care Acquired Conditions (HCAC) utility for payment of hospital inpatient claims for discharges on and after July 1, 2016. APR-DRG parameters will not change effective for hospital inpatient discharges on and after July 1, 2016.
Hospitals are not required to purchase 3M software for payment of claims; however, all hospitals that have purchased the 3M software should ensure their internal systems are updated to reflect all changes that occur for hospital discharges beginning on and after July 1, 2016.
Hospitals will be notified of all information related to these updates via email, the Mississippi Division of Medicaid website (http://medicaid.ms.gov), Late Breaking News, and RA Banner Messages.
- APR-DRG Provider Notice of July 1, 2016 updates
- APR-DRG Year-5 Simulation information
- APR-DRG pricing calculator V33 – excel
- APR-DRG pricing calculator V33 – PDF
- APR-DRG frequently asked questions
- APR-DRG quick tips
- APR-DRG 3M Grouper Settings
Outpatient Hospital Payment Method for Mississippi Medicaid
Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment Fiscal Year 2016 Update Alert
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) fee schedule will be updated July 1, 2015 for Medicare Outpatient Addendum B or C changes effective April 1, 2014, as required by the State Plan.
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid will implement is expecting to move forward with OPPS Phase 2 in the near future.
Hospitals will be notified of all information related to these changes and training session dates via e-mail, the DOM website medicaid.ms.gov, Late Breaking News, and RA Banner Messages.
- OPPS Phase 2 training presentation
- OPPS billing quick tips
- View previous outpatient hospital notifications
Federal Medical Assistance Percentage
Each state runs their own Medicaid program within federal guidelines, jointly funded by state and federal dollars. For Medicaid, the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) is used to calculate the amount of federal matching funds for state medical services expenditures. The Social Security Act requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to calculate and publish the FMAP annually.
The federal fiscal year (FFY) matching funds percentage rates applicable to medical service claims for the Mississippi Medicaid program are as follows:
- FFY 2016, effective Oct. 1, 2015 = 25.83 percent (state) / 74.17 percent (federal)
- FFY 2015, effective Oct. 1, 2014 = 26.42 percent (state) / 73.58 percent (federal)
- FFY 2014, effective Oct. 1, 2013 = 26.95 percent (state) / 73.05 percent (federal)
- FFY 2013, effective Oct. 1, 2012 = 26.57 percent (state) / 73.43 percent (federal)
- FFY 2012, effective Oct. 1, 2011 = 25.82 percent (state) / 74.18 percent (federal)