Inpatient Hospital Payment Method for Mississippi Medicaid
Hospital Inpatient APR-DRG Alert: July 1, 2017 updates
The Division of Medicaid (DOM) previously notified all hospitals that effective for last dates of service on or after July 1, 2017, the following hospital inpatient APR-DRG updates would be implemented:
- Adopt V.34 of the 3M Health Information Systems Hospital Inpatient APR-DRG Grouper
- Adopt V.34 of the Health Care Acquired Conditions (HCAC) utility
- Implement a Low-side Outlier payment reduction policy for low cost non-psychiatric cases
- Implement a Charge Cap policy
- Change the neonate policy adjustor from 1.45 to 1.40
DOM will not implement the above-mentioned changes effective July 1, 2017. Hospitals will be notified of any future updates to the hospital inpatient payment methodology.
Outpatient Hospital Payment Method for Mississippi Medicaid
Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) Date Bundling Update
- OPPS Date Bundling Background and Training Opportunity Information
- OPPS Date Bundling Provider Billing Guide
- OPPS Date Bundling Training Presentation
Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment Fiscal Year 2016 Update Alert
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) fee schedule will be updated July 1, 2015 for Medicare Outpatient Addendum B or C changes effective April 1, 2014, as required by the State Plan.
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid will implement is expecting to move forward with OPPS Phase 2 in the near future.
Hospitals will be notified of all information related to these changes and training session dates via e-mail, the DOM website medicaid.ms.gov, Late Breaking News, and RA Banner Messages.
- OPPS Phase 2 training presentation
- OPPS billing quick tips
- View previous outpatient hospital notifications