Beginning May 2014, Mississippi Medicaid beneficiaries will be issued a new Medicaid identification (ID) card. New cards are being issued by categories of eligibility over the next several weeks.
New Medicaid ID cards do not reflect any change in eligibility or the benefits and services beneficiaries are currently receiving.
About the new Medicaid ID Cards
- Medicaid beneficiaries will be issued new blue ID cards, which will replace their current green ID cards
- Family Planning Waiver beneficiaries will receive new yellow ID cards which will replace their old yellow ID cards
- All new Medicaid ID cards will display the new Medicaid logo
When visiting a provider, beneficiaries are required to present their Medicaid ID card and a picture ID or a similar form of identification to confirm their identity. Beneficiaries need to present their new Medicaid ID when receiving any type of medical service. Prior to receiving services, beneficiaries need to confirm if their provider accepts Mississippi Medicaid; not all providers accept Medicaid.
Possession of a Medicaid ID card does not guarantee eligibility. Providers nee to verify eligibility regardless of the ID card color a beneficiary presents.
- During this NEW ID card issuance transition, providers should continue to accept the old green and yellow Medicaid ID cards through September 30, 2014.
- Old Medicaid ID cards should no longer be accepted effective October 1, 2014.
For questions regarding ID cards, please contact Xerox Provider and Beneficiary Services at 1-800-884-3222 or you may call the Division of Medicaid at 1-800-421-2408.