On April 24, 2020, CMS announced that they had developed a Communication Technology Application Template for nursing homes.
- This template enables states to approve COVID-19 grant applications for the purpose of communication technology.
- The communication technology grants will allow nursing home residents to engage in virtual social and telehealth visits.
- Facilities may use up to $3,000 for communication technology. Applications that include a request of greater than $3,000 will be sent to CMS for their review before determination.
- The communication devices include, but are not limited to: iPads, tablets, headphones, and protective coverings.
- The devices should be shared among residents with a ratio of 1 device per 7-10 residents. Devices must be cleaned and disinfected between resident uses with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- The CMP Reinvestment Application Template Communicative Technology Request is available under resources at the following link: https://medicaid.ms.gov/programs/civil-money-penalty-cmp-grant-awards-program/.
- Facilities should ensure that their cover letter includes all additional CMS requirements including: the facilities’ average daily census, the device’s brand name and model, the name of the disinfectant that will be used to sanitize the devices and a statement that the devices and accessories will be used for both virtual social and telehealth visits.
- Medicaid requires a contract/sub-grant for the payment of CMP funds. To facilitate the sub-grant process, include the name and title of the sub-grant’s signatory for your entity.
- All CMP Reinvestment request applications are required to be submitted electronically to the DOM CMP Grant mailbox @ CMPGrants@medicaid.ms.gov.
- Questions may be addressed to Gail Townsend at 601-359-5193 or email@example.com.
Originally published May 4; Updated May 15