On Sept. 22, the Mississippi Division of Medicaid (DOM) executive director presented the budget request for fiscal year 2019 to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee. The agency is requesting an appropriation of $984 million in state funds. The fiscal year 2019 initial appropriation request is lower than the previous requests for the last three years.
- Fiscal Year 2019 Legislative Budget Hearing Presentation
- View the most recent enrollment numbers.
- Check out other Legislative resources.
- Medicaid is an essential program and provides health coverage for nearly 1 in 4 Mississippians.
- Of the entire Medicaid budget, 95 percent goes to reimburse providers for health services.
- Medicaid covers approximately 65 percent of all births in the state of Mississippi, and children up to age one.
- Three people can be served through a Home and Community Based Waiver for the cost of one person in a long term care facility.