There are multiple ways you can apply for Mississippi Medicaid health benefits.
How to Apply for Mississippi Medicaid Health Benefits
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid and the federally facilitated marketplace (FFM) has one single application for all insurance affordability programs. Application for any of the insurance affordability programs may be filed online through the Division of Medicaid or the FFM at Healthcare.gov.
To fill out this application, you will need:
- Social Security Numbers or document numbers for legal immigrants who need insurance.
- Dates of birth for each person applying.
- Employer and income information for each person in the family with income. Use income from the most recent month’s pay stubs or W-2 forms or any document that shows exactly what each person receives as income.
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance.
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family.
Important Information to Successfully Submit Your Application Form
|Apply by completing and submitting a Mississippi Medicaid Application Form (PDF)||Apply online at HealthCare.gov|
|Direct application through Mississippi Medicaid||Application for insurance affordability options and Medicaid, if eligible|
|Direct application for Mississippi Medicaid||Application is routed through Healthcare.gov website|
|Initially handled on a local, state level||Initially handled on a national level|
Next steps after applying
For Mississippi Medicaid applications:
- Applications are reviewed by state staff.
- Eligibility assessment and determination is approved or denied.
- If determined applicant is not eligible for Mississippi Medicaid, applications are automatically referred to the FFM.
For HealthCare.gov applications:
- Applications are evaluated through the Healthcare.gov website.
- Applications are assessed for potential Medicaid eligibility. If potentially eligible, then applications are transferred to the state to determine eligibility.
- If not potentially eligible for Medicaid, applicants view other insurance affordability program options on Healthcare.gov.
The Division of Medicaid and the FFM will verify as much data as possible from electronic sources in order to verify what is reported on your application. You will only be asked to provide verification of needed eligibility information, if eligibility factors cannot be verified through an available electronic source or if the information you give conflicts with data from electronic sources.
View the income limits for Medicaid and CHIP programs. There is no resource test for any insurance affordability program, including Medicaid and CHIP.
Fax or Postal Mail
An application form can be printed at either website, completed and submitted to the Division of Medicaid by one of the following ways:
- Fax the Office of Eligibility at the Division of Medicaid: 601-576-4164
- Mail to: 550 High Street, Suite 1000, Jackson, MS 39201 or the regional office that serves your county of residence
You may request to have a paper application mailed to you. An original signature is not required for a faxed application.
- Apply in person at one of the 30 regional offices that serves your county of residence.
If you want an application mailed to you or if you need telephone assistance:
- Call the Office of Eligibility toll-free at: 800-421-2408
- Contact the regional office that serves your county of residence
How to Apply for Aged, Blind or Disabled Medicaid Benefits
If you are applying for aged, blind or disabled Mississippi Medicaid benefits and services, an in-person interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by staff at the regional office that serves your county of residence.
- Apply by filling out the Mississippi Medicaid Aged, Blind and Disabled Application Form (PDF) and submitting the application to the regional office that serves your county of residence or if the applicant is in a nursing home, the regional office that serves the county where the nursing facility is located. Mail or bring in the application at the time of the in-person interview if one is required. It is advised that you do not email forms or submit online forms with protected health information or personally identifiable information, to protect your confidentiality in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
How to Apply for Family Planning Benefits
- Apply for family planning benefits by completing and submitting the Mississippi Medicaid Family Planning Services Application Form (PDF).
For assistance, call the Office of Eligibility toll-free at 800-421-2408. Submit the application as follows:
- Mail: MS Division of Medicaid ATTN: Office of Eligibility
550 High Street, Suite 1000
Jackson, MS 39201-1399
- Fax: 601-576-4164
- In-Person: at any Medicaid regional office
To register to vote in Mississippi, click on the form below and complete prior to visiting a Medicaid regional office.