State Plan Amendment (SPA) 18-0015 Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Payments has been approved which updates the hospital DSH program effective October 1, 2018, to:
1. Continue to include GME approved costs,
2. Modify language to clearly state that Medicare and third party payor cost and payments would be included the DSH UCC,
3. Clarify that the DSH year is from October I through September 30,
4. Allow hospital taxes as specified in PRM- 1, Section 2 122,
5. Propose a remedy for situations where the federal DSH allotment is adjusted after June I of the DSH payment year, and
6. Clarify that DSH audits would be performed on those hospitals that receive DSH payments.
For more information view the approved SPA pages.