The Elderly and Disabled Waiver program is administered and operated by the Office of Long Term Care. Case Management services are provided by the Planning and Development Districts. The case management team is composed of a registered nurse and a licensed social worker who are responsible for identifying, screening and completing an assessment on individuals in need of at-home services.
Emergency Preparedness and Response the COVID-19
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has approved the below Appendix K: Emergency Preparedness and Response in response to the COVID-19 outbreak for the Elderly and Disabled Waiver.
- Combined Addendum to 1915(c) Appendix K – CMS Approved September 30, 2020
- ED 0272 – 1915c Appendix K – CMS Approved on April 7, 2020
- Addendum to Appendix K approved 7.6.2020
Who is Eligible for the Elderly and Disabled Waiver?
The Elderly and Disabled Waiver program provides home and community-based services to individuals age 21 years old and older who, but for the provision of such services, would require the level of care provided in a nursing facility. Beneficiaries of this waiver must qualify for Medicaid as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries or meet the income and resource eligibility requirements for income level up to 300% of the SSI federal benefit rate and meet medical criteria of the program.
Elderly and Disabled Waiver Services
Upon approval of the HCBS, the case managers can refer qualified individuals to the following services:
- adult day health care
- home-delivered meals
- personal care services
- institutional respite services
- in-home respite
- expanded home health visits
- community transition services
- physical therapy services
- speech therapy services
Long Term Care 1915(c) Waiver Training Requirements
Long term care waiver providers are required by Administrative Code to ensure all staff meet training requirements as defined by the Division of Medicaid. The provider type specific memorandums linked below define the current training requirements for all direct care staff.
- Elderly and Disabled Waiver – Approved effective July 1, 2017
- Elderly and Disabled Waiver brochure
- Elderly and Disabled Waiver Amendment Public Notice – August 16, 2019