The Mississippi Division of Medicaid (DOM) executive director presented the budget request for fiscal year 2020 to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee on Sept. 17, 2018. The agency is requesting an appropriation of $954.5 million in state funds, which is $29 million less than the initial budget request for fiscal year 2019. The agency’s fiscal year 2020 initial appropriation request is the lowest request since 2014, and no deficit appropriation was requested for the remainder of fiscal year 2019. Throughout the past year, the agency as a whole has worked to contain costs without reducing services or reimbursement rates in an effort to ensure the long-term sustainability of the program for Mississippians.
- Fiscal Year 2020 Legislative Budget Hearing Presentation
- View the most recent enrollment numbers.
- Check out other Legislative resources.
- Medicaid is an essential program and provides health coverage for nearly 1 in 4 Mississippians.
- Of the entire Medicaid budget, 95 percent goes to reimburse providers for health services.
- Medicaid covers approximately 65 percent of all births in the state of Mississippi, and children up to age one.
- Three people can be served through a Home and Community Based Waiver for the cost of one person in a long term care facility.