To enter a Long Term Care program (except Hospice and Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities), an eligible beneficiary must have a pre-admission screening application must be completed to determine clinical eligibility for individuals seeking admission to a Division of Medicaid certified nursing facility on all residents regardless of payment source. This application must be completed by a health care professional and certified by a physician.
A score of 50 or above is required threshold to be considered for entry into the Long Term Care programs of:
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Waiver
- Elderly and Disabled Waiver
- Independent Living Waiver
- Traumatic Brain/Spinal Cord Injury (TBI/SCI) Waiver
Any exceptions are noted in the Administrative Code Title 23 Medicaid, Part 207 Chapter 1.
- Pre-Admission Screening Application
- Pre-Admission Screening Instruction Manual
- Pre-Admission Screening Electronic Submission
- Pre-Admission Screening Scoring Algorithm
- Pre-Admission Screening Informed Choice Form
For more information contact us by phone at: 601-359-9545.