Care Management Services for Medicaid Beneficiaries with Specific Conditions
Care management services are available to Mississippi Medicaid fee-for-service beneficiaries not enrolled in MississippiCAN (MSCAN) who meet one of the five specific conditions below.
- Women 60 days postpartum after delivery, and
- Disabled Children Living at Home (DCLH).
If you qualify, a care management team member will be assigned to you to help coordinate your care. The care manager will make contact once a month to assist with care coordination and help beneficiaries access primary care, inpatient services, mental health, substance use disorder services, preventive care, or specialty care, as needed.
Team members include:
- nurses and
- community care workers.
What Patients Can Expect
The care team coordinates care between:
- the patient,
- their doctor and
- other health care team members.
A Team Member Will Help Coordinate with Health Services to Help You:
- take your medicine on time,
- understand and better manage your condition,
- solve issues that impact your overall health (housing, transportation, and food) and
- link with community resources.
What the Services Cost
- The services are free.
- The program is voluntary.
- It will not affect your benefits.
If you have questions about the care management program, please call:
Supervisor, care team
1-866-764-7081 Ext. 2850
Director, care team