Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Technical Documents
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid (DOM) is in the process of implementing a new Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS), named MESA: Medicaid Enterprise System Assistance, in collaboration with Gainwell Technologies.
In preparation for go-live, each DOM trading partner must undergo Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) testing to ensure the integrity of electronic transactions. EDI testing will begin in the coming months, and trading partners will need to register to be able to test EDI submissions to MESA.
To help trading partners prepare for testing, DOM Companion Guides are available below, which describe the specific technical and procedural requirements for interfaces between DOM and its trading partners. *These are preliminary Companion Guides and will be updated as details are finalized.
- Trading Partner Enrollment and Register Process
- Trading Partner – Testing Guidelines
- Submission of EDI Transactions Tip Sheet (MOVEit – Multiple file upload/download)
- Submission of EDI Transactions Tip Sheet (Provider Portal – single file upload/download)
- Health Care Portal Access User Account Agreement
DOM Companion Guides
- 270/271 – Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response Transaction – Updated November 30, 2022
- 276/277 – Health Care Claim Status Request and Response Transactions – Updated January 13, 2023
- 278 – Health Care Services Review – Request and Response Transactions – Updated September 30, 2022
- 820 – Payroll Deducted and Other Group Premium Payment for Insurance Products Transaction – Updated October 17, 2022
- 834 – Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance Transaction – Updated December 9, 2022
- 835 – Health Care Payment/Advice Transaction – Updated September 30, 2022
- 837D – Health Care Claim Dental Transaction – Updated December 14, 2022
- 837I – Health Care Claim Institutional Transaction – Updated December 14, 2022
- 837P – Health Care Claim Professional Transaction – Updated December 14, 2022
- NCPDP – D.0 Claim Billing or Encounter Payer Sheet – Updated October 14, 2022
- NCPDP – D.0 Reversal Payer Sheet – Updated November 2, 2022
Submission of EDI Transactions
EDI Transaction Testing is conducted to verify the integrity of the format, not the integrity of the data. However, to simulate what will happen in production, trading partners will be asked to send live transmission data to a non-production MESA environment. More than one test transmission may be required depending on the number of format errors on a transmission and the relative severity of these errors.
Click on the image below for instructions on how to create transaction.