Below is an archive of hospital inpatient and outpatient notifications.
Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment Fiscal Year 2015 Update Alert
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid OPPS fee schedule will be updated July 1, 2014 for Medicare Outpatient Addendum B or C changes effective April 1, 2014, as required by the State Plan. Hospitals will be notified at a future date about other July 1, 2014 Medicaid OPPS fee schedule changes resulting from the CMS Hospital OPPS final rule.
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid will implement OPPS Phase 2 effective July 1, 2015.
Hospitals will be notified of all information related to these changes and training session dates via e-mail, the DOM website medicaid.ms.gov, Late Breaking News, and/or RA Banner Messages.
July 1, 2015: Hospital Inpatient Information Updates
The Mississippi Division of Medicaid will adopt V.32 of the 3M Health Information System APR-DRG Grouper and V.32 of the Health Care Acquired Conditions (HCAC) utility for payment of hospital inpatient claims for discharges on or after July 1, 2015. APR-DRG parameters may also change effective for hospital inpatient discharges on or after July 1, 2015.
Hospitals are not required to purchase 3M software for payment of claims; however, all hospitals that have purchased the 3M software should ensure their internal systems are updated to reflect all changes that occur for hospital discharges beginning on or after July 1, 2015.
Hospitals will be notified of all information related to these changes and training session dates via e-mail, the DOM website medicaid.ms.gov, Late Breaking News, and RA Banner Messages.
- APR-DRG notice of parameter updates, training dates and registration – May 12, 2015
- APR-DRG Mississippi training presentation – June 2015
- APR-DRG frequently asked questions – July 1, 2015
- APR-DRG quick tips – July 1, 2015
- APR-DRG pricing calculator V32 – excel
- APR-DRG pricing calculator V32 – PDF
July 1, 2014: Updates
- APR-DRG Notices of parameter updates, training dates and registration – May 13, 2014
- APR-DRG Update and presentation – May 12, 2014
- APR-DRG Pricing calculator V31
- APR-DRG Mississippi training presentation – June 6, 2014
- APR-DRG Frequently asked questions – June 4, 2014
- Quick tips – June 6, 2014
Oct. 1, 2013: Updates
- APR-DRG Update – Provider Notice
- Sept. 2013: APR-DRG Update Mississippi Medicaid-Provider Training Presentation
- APR-DRG Training Dates and Registration
- APR-DRG Frequently Asked Questions
- APR-DRG Quick Tips
- DRG pricing calculator V30
Oct. 1, 2012: Implementation
- APR-DRG Provider Notice
- DRG Payment in Mississippi – Provider Training, August- October 2012 Presentation
- July 2012: Overview of 3M All Patient Refined Diagnostic Related Groups Presentation
- HSM – APR-DRG Changes – Provider Training
- July 11, 2012: DRG Payment in Mississippi Meeting Presentation
- DRG Frequently Asked Questions
- APR-DRG Quick Tips
- Training Notice
- DRG Pricing Calculator
Dec. 5, 2012: Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) Phase II Postponement Notice
Attention All Hospital Administrators, CFOs, Coders, & Billers: The Division of Medicaid will postpone the Dec. 10, 2012 implementation of Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) Phase 2. After consultation with the provider community identified areas of concern regarding Phase 1, the Division determined that a temporary delay in Phase 2 implementation was the appropriate course of action. The Division will continue with OPPS training that is scheduled for this week. However, due to low participation, the training schedule has been modified as follows:
- Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012 at 10 a.m.
- Friday, Dec. 7, 2012 at 10 a.m.
We strongly encourage your coders and billers to participate in these sessions. This is an opportunity for individuals who prepare claims for payment to better understand the Medicaid OPPS and to provide their feedback. You may RSVP for the Webinar and/or forward any questions concerning the Webinar to Amy Burns at 601-206-3028 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The WebEx link and conference call number will be provided via email prior to the training. Your participation in this process is greatly appreciated.