Members’ rights and protections are required, including the right to:
- Receive needed information about the program;
- Be treated with respect, dignity and privacy;
- Receive information on available treatment options; participate in health care decisions;
- Request copies of medical records; and
- Be furnished services with an adequate delivery network, timely access, coordination and continuity of care, and other specified standards.
Members’ protections will also be provided through access standards, care coordination requirements, quality management programs and detailed grievance and appeals procedures.